Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yes Man for God

Fellow Believers,

I recently watched Jim Carey's movie Yes Man about a man named Carl that lived his life by saying no to everything. This led him to have a life that lacked meaning and hurt his relationships with those in his life. His whole view on life changed when he went to a seminar where he learned the power to unlocking all life had to offer was by saying yes to everything he was asked. This simple change in Carl's life provided more opportunities that he had passed on before that allowed him to live a fuller life.

This lead me to ponder this question: How many of us have been sitting in church and listening to Gods word preached and still say no to his path for our lives?

Lets explore what Jesus has to say about "yes" when he is talking about the importance of keeping our vows in the Sermon on the Mount:

Matthew 5:37 (New Living Translation)

37 Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.

Jesus wants our yeses to have meaning not only to others but with him as well. I have decided to devote my life completely to God, and have started saying yes to whatever he wants me to do in my life. God's will for my life and my family is far greater than anything that I could ever put together on my own. He knows that my plans always fall short and are lacking in substance.

We serve an amazing an powerful God! Are you ready to become a Yes Man for God and allow him to move in your life?

Your brother in Christ,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment